Thursday, July 05, 2007

Amazon.com: The Cult of the Amateur: How today's Internet is killing our culture: Books: Andrew Keen

Recommended reading -- click here to purchase via Amazon.com. 

The book is a timely reality check on the "Web 2.0" trends, along with related phenomena such as MySpace and YouTube.  Especially recommended for parents of teenagers.  I don't agree with every assertion in the book, but I consider it a thought-provoking, important, and well-written survey of some timely and troubling new realities.

 For more context:

NYT review (which led me to purchase the book...)

Lawrence Lessig review (which I found after searching for the title in Google) -- rather twilight zone-ish but interesting

Indeed, the range and severity of some of the reviews I found from my Google search tend to reinforce my sense that Keen is right about many things.

Amazon.com: The Cult of the Amateur: How today's Internet is killing our culture: Books: Andrew Keen

No comments: