Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The New York Times > Technology > I.B.M. Introduces Computer Lines

The New York Times > Technology > I.B.M. Introduces Computer Lines "I.B.M.'s success, analysts say, is a good sign for its hardware business, even as the company has tilted toward services. I.B.M. is the leader in worldwide revenues from server sales, with its market share rising from 23 percent in 2000 to nearly 32 percent last year, according to IDC, a research firm.
...
The new I.B.M. systems, analysts say, have achieved impressive gains in price-for-performance over competing machines. I.B.M. has also built virtualization technology into the new computers, so that several workloads can run at once on a single machine, greatly increasing the utilization rate. Such technology has long been available on mainframe computers, but has only recently made its way onto other computers."

No comments: