Friday, October 24, 2003

Jon's Radio: Apple's Knowledge Navigator revisited

Jon's Radio: Apple's Knowledge Navigator revisited "During my session at BloggerCon I referred to Apple's famous Knowledge Navigator concept video. I first saw that video in 1988. Today I tracked down a copy and watched it again. It stands the test of time rather well! Certain elements of that vision are now routine -- for example, Google found me the video and WiFi delivered it to a PowerBook which, when equipped with its iSight camera, bears a family resemblance to the Dynabook-like talking computer featured in the video. Other aspects are still far out of reach, especially the conversational interface based on deep understanding of natural language."

Knowledge Navigator is a great example of the power of a compelling vision (and excellent video production). And of course it anticipated the virus-free Mac OS of the future...

No comments: