Monday, August 17, 2015

Jeff Bezos Responds to New York Times Amazon Story | Re/code

Also see Silicon Valley Thinks Amazon Sounds Like a Great Place to Work (Re/code) and Inside Amazon (ongoing by Tim Bray)
"In an memo to Amazon employees, Bezos acknowledges that the Times cites “anecdotes” of “shockingly callous management practices.” But while he doesn’t argue with any specifics in the Times report, he says that its overall portrait of Amazon “doesn’t describe the Amazon I know or the caring Amazonians I work with every day.”

The Times “claims that our intentional approach is to create a soulless, dystopian workplace where no fun is had and no laughter heard,” Bezos writes. “Again, I don’t recognize this Amazon and I very much hope you don’t, either….I strongly believe that anyone working in a company that really is like the one described in the NYT would be crazy to stay. I know I would leave such a company.”"
Jeff Bezos Responds to New York Times Amazon Story | Re/code

No comments: