Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Are Smartphones Making Us All Infomaniacs? | Tech.pinions - Perspective, Insight, Analysis

Signs of the times

"These days, my smartphone and tablet, instead of a radio, feed my appetite for information and the need for consistent connectivity is always present in my mind. To be fair, I do know how to turn this info gene off and I am not a slave to it. But I do like to stay abreast of things and, whenever possible, I often use my smartphone to check news, weather, email, social media, etc. On the other hand, since tech news and issues are changing constantly, this info gene actually helps me do my job much better.
It turns out, I am not the only one with this tendency. A recent survey by Statista shows that, among all adults 18-65, 11% check their phones every few minutes. 41% check them at least a couple of times an hour."
Are Smartphones Making Us All Infomaniacs? | Tech.pinions - Perspective, Insight, Analysis

No comments: