Friday, May 15, 2015

Elon Musk’s Space Dream Almost Killed Tesla | Bloomberg Business

An extensive excerpt from Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future (which will be published next week)

"When Musk looked at the numbers, it looked like only one company would survive. “I could either pick SpaceX or Tesla or split the money I had left between them,” Musk said. “That was a tough decision. If I split the money, maybe both of them would die. If I gave the money to just one company, the probability of it surviving was greater, but then it would mean certain death for the other company. I debated that over and over.” In the meantime, the economy was worsening, and spacecraft and sports cars seemed out of place in a time of near-record unemployment."
Elon Musk’s Space Dream Almost Killed Tesla | Bloomberg Business

No comments: