Thursday, September 25, 2014

The WIRED iPhone 6 Plus Review: Too Big to Fail, But Not to Bend | WIRED

Not an entirely great week for Apple (or its iPhone 6 customers)

"Like a lot of people, I have a bent iPhone 6 Plus. It’s almost imperceptible, but it’s there: a slight warp right at the buttons on the side. Put the phone screen down on a table, and it wobbles. I haven’t purposefully bent it and I don’t recall sitting on it (but I probably have). So why is this one bending? I have a theory: It might have something to do with it being both very thin and very big and made of aluminum. The Samsung Galaxy Note3 is big, but it’s also 4 mm thicker than the iPhone 6 Plus and doesn’t have an aluminum back that, when bent, stays bent. You don’t hear about big Android phones bending because they are either too thick, or made out of plastic. That’s my theory, anyway."
The WIRED iPhone 6 Plus Review: Too Big to Fail, But Not to Bend | WIRED

No comments: