Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Mark Logic CEO Blog: Highlights from 2Q09 Software Equity Group Report

Another insightful snapshot from Dave Kellogg – actually two; see the full post for his take on the Software Equity Group report as well as the update on his blogging/tweeting strategy.

I'm not sure which better explains my recent decrease in blog post frequency: bit.ly or being out of the office. Either way, I wasn't kidding a few weeks ago when I said I'm changing my sharing pattern. Much as popular business authors take one good idea and inflate it into a book, I now realize (thanks to bit.ly) that I have been taking what could have been one good tweet and inflating it into a blog post. While I've not drawn any definitive conclusions, thus far I'd say I'm sharing many more articles with significantly less effort than before.

I’m intrigued with Dave’s perspective on tweets and blog posts – when to use Twitter and when to use a blog.  I think it’s useful to consider a sort of information value-add (IVA) index for this type of scenario, and also reader convenience – if you can see quote + commentary in-line in a blog, that’s simpler than having to open multiple windows.  More on IVA and activity value-add (AVA) in a future post…

Mark Logic CEO Blog: Highlights from 2Q09 Software Equity Group Report

No comments: