Thursday, June 28, 2007

Start-Ups Make Inroads With Google's Work Force - WSJ.com

Timely Google reality check -- on how some candidates are finding the company size and potentially limited financial upside are not compelling... 

As Google Inc. exploded into a company of more than 12,000 employees, attracting a million resumes a year, the Internet giant rarely lost staff to start-ups or had prospective workers turn down job offers. Now, though, Google's magnetic pull on top Silicon Valley talent is showing signs of weakening.

[chart]

p.s. sorry about the relatively sparse posts this week -- I've been so depressed about not having an iPhone that news-scanning has been painful, with all of the iPhone articles. 

Just kidding -- I've been at Burton Group's annual Catalyst conference all week, with a very hectic schedule.  I'll return to my normal routine next week.  (I do, however, despise my Cingular/LG phone combination, in case you're wondering if I truly have iPhone envy...)

Start-Ups Make Inroads With Google's Work Force - WSJ.com

No comments: