Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The Fundamental Question of Biology (scripting versus 3GL++)

The Fundamental Question of Biology (scripting versus 3GL++): "One of the questions I've gotten many times over the years is 'I have a certain problem to solve and I don't know whether to use a script language or C or C# or what. Can you help?' Usually the questioner is in a tizzy because of myths and misinformation about the script languages. Now, obviously I worked on the script engines and so I'm a candidate for script partisanhood. But I worked on the script engines because I wanted to come up with tools that solve some problems well. If script doesn't solve your problem well, DON'T USE IT -- but please make that decision based on a dispassionate evaluation of the pros and cons, not misinformation and myths. "

Useful analysis; via John Dowdell

No comments: