Thursday, January 22, 2015

I, Cringely IBM's reorg-from-Hell launches next week - I, Cringely

Stunning, if accurate; check the link below for additional speculation; also see Why These 5 Companies Are Laying Off Thousands of Workers (Time/Money on eBay, AmEx, and others)

"IBM’s big layoff-cum-reorganization called Project Chrome kicks-off next week when 26 percent of IBM employees will get calls from their managers followed by thick envelopes on their doorsteps.  By the end of February all 26 percent will be gone. I’m told this has been in the planning for months and I first heard about it back in November. This biggest reorganization in IBM history is going to be a nightmare for everyone and at first I expected it to be a failure for IBM management, too. But then I thought further and I think I’ve figured it out…"
I, Cringely IBM's reorg-from-Hell launches next week - I, Cringely

No comments: