Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Showtime Social, Yahoo IntoNow and Shazam Apps Interact with the TV - Katherine Boehret - The Digital Solution - AllThingsD

Augmented reality (TV)?…

I had fun with these apps, and each uses a different method to draw in users. IntoNow and Showtime Social poll viewers during shows, Shazam displays behind-the-scenes footage, and IntoNow displays related social-network updates and live discussions. The apps virtually introduced me to fans of shows I liked, reminding me of my freshman year of college when I piled into a dorm room with 20 people (many of whom I didn’t know) to watch the series finale of “Felicity:” The show got more interesting in the company of other fans.

Showtime Social, Yahoo IntoNow and Shazam Apps Interact with the TV - Katherine Boehret - The Digital Solution - AllThingsD

No comments: