Some Google cloud updates
Dave Girouard, president of Google Enterprise, in a conversation earlier this week, outlined Google’s cloud strategy, its long-term plans, and how it’s different from other cloud providers. “Amazon is a great service and I don’t see it as threatening to us,” said Girouard, pointing out Google’s focus is going to be on productivity apps and on specific cloud-apps that require large computational resources.
Girouard shared some stats that give you a snapshot of Google Apps progress.
- There are more than 30 million active users of Google Apps.
- The Google Apps business is growing 100 percent annually.
- Every 14 seconds, a business
usersigns up for Google Apps.
- Google Apps have a 90-percent renewal rate.
- Seventy percent of Dow Jones VentureWire’s “Top 50 Start-Ups to Watch” run on Google Apps.
For Google Cloud, It’s About Apps and Big Data: Cloud Computing News «
Post a Comment