Thursday, November 10, 2016

Peter Thiel’s Bet on Donald Trump Pays Off - The New York Times

I'm guessing the payoff for Peter Thiel's "bet" in this context, in terms of the potential to advance concerns he espouses, is far from a sure thing. The article's last paragraph: "“I did vote,” he said. “I don’t always vote, but I thought you might ask, so I did.”"

"Peter Thiel, the billionaire investor at odds with much of Silicon Valley, will have President Trump’s ear on tech issues.

He won’t be moving to Washington, Mr. Thiel made clear in an interview Wednesday afternoon. He is unlikely to have a formal role. He has no desire to fulfill his youthful dream of joining the United States Supreme Court.

But he will have a voice."
Peter Thiel’s Bet on Donald Trump Pays Off - The New York Times

No comments: