Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mossberg: Eero Makes Wi-Fi Simpler and Stronger | Re/code

Also see Review: The End of Bad Home Wi-Fi (WSJ)

"If I had to pass judgement on Eero today, I’d recommend it with two caveats. First, even 10 days is too short a time to fully evaluate a home Wi-Fi infrastructure. But I ran it through the wringer in the time I had, and it performed like a champ.

Second, Eero is far costlier than popular routers you can scoop up on Amazon. Those butt-ugly units with a zillion antennas and flashing lights can be bought for well under $100. But Eero costs $199 for a single unit, and $499 for a pack of three, which is what the company recommends. But my Apple routers are also $199 and, with the number and type I used, the total cost was actually higher.

The product goes on sale today at 9 am ET, at eero.com. The company also expects it to be available from Amazon this week."
Mossberg: Eero Makes Wi-Fi Simpler and Stronger | Re/code

No comments: