Thursday, September 19, 2002

Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Microsoft Broadband Networking reviewed Useful overview and perspective. Conclusions:
"My initial worries about Microsoft's foray into home networking were quickly forgotten, as the hardware is high quality and the simple software install really sets these products apart from the competition. Other companies, notably Belkin and Actiontec, are working on similar ease-of-use initiatives for home networking hardware, but Microsoft's is the first I've seen, and it seems to be well thought-out. Granted, I'm running XP all around, so my setup was simpler than most, but then I made up for that with the complexities of my pre-existing network. Regardless, it worked well.
If you're in the market for a simple home networking solution, I recommend the Microsoft Broadband Networking products, especially the wireless base station, which is often the weak link in setting up any home network. The company's excellent Setup Wizard and configuration tools will let even network neophytes get a secure home network up and running quickly."

No comments: