Saturday, April 11, 2015

Muted Debut for Apple Watch With Sparse Crowds in Europe and Asia - Bloomberg Business

No lines at the Salem, NH Apple store last night -- I was able to explore the new MacBook and try a couple Apple Watch models. I left the store impressed but empty-handed; I'll wait for >= 1.1 versions of both device types (in part, for the MacBook, because I am still happy with my > 3-year-old MacBook Air).

"By Friday morning at New York’s Fifth Avenue store, customers could try on a watch without an appointment, waiting no more than 10 minutes for the opportunity.
“I was sort of surprised that there are not more people in the store,” said Kishin Manglani, 24, a software engineer who builds iPhone apps. “I would say this is actually fewer than normal.” He speculated that may be because of the price and because consumers can’t leave the store with the watch."
Muted Debut for Apple Watch With Sparse Crowds in Europe and Asia - Bloomberg Business

No comments: