Friday, July 16, 2010

The Tour de France, bicycles, math and OneNote - OneNote Testing - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

An intriguing example of equation editor testing in OneNote…

As far as sports go, I love the Tour de France. The colors, speed and scenery are always fun to watch - Go Tyler Farrar! On a related note, I also saw this equation that governs how a bicycle actually works (courtesy of http://www.physorg.com/news196870641.html – well worth the read):

clip_image001

Whew. Riding a bike never felt so complicated!

Anyway, I thought this equation would make a nice little test for equation support in OneNote 2010. It took me a little bit of time (just under 5 minutes) to enter this, but I restricted myself to only using the commands in the ribbon to create the equation, with one exception. The term v2 I entered with "v^2 SPACE" purely from "muscle memory."  The underlying equation functionality parsed it into the superscript format for me.

The Tour de France, bicycles, math and OneNote - OneNote Testing - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

No comments: