Apparently Comcast’s 250 gig limit is rather generous, compared to UK ISPs
One million UK consumers have exceeded or come close to exceeding their broadband usage limit, research from consumer group uSwitch has found.
So-called usage caps, where internet service providers limit the amount of bandwidth users can have in any given month, are standard practice.
[…]WHAT THE ISPS OFFER
- Tiscali - advertised as unlimited, has fair usage policy but with unspecified excess, will cut off those deemed heavy users
- Be - advertised as unlimited, unspecified excess, will not cut off users
- Sky - unlimited with no usage barrier or cut off policy
- Virgin Media - 2.7Gb limit per week
- Toucan - advertised as unlimited, with unspecified fair usage, will cut customers off
- BT, advertised as unlimited, unspecified fair usage, will not cut users off
- AOL, 40Gb limit, will remove users who exceed it
- Plusnet, 30Gb limit. will remove those who exceed it
- Orange, advertised as unlimited, unspecified excess, will remove heavy users
Post a Comment