Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Edward Snowden, after months of NSA revelations, says his mission’s accomplished - The Washington Post

An excerpt from more than 14 hours of recent Edward Snowden interviews -- his first in-person interviews since arriving in Russia in June
"“For me, in terms of personal satisfaction, the mission’s already accomplished,” he said. “I already won. As soon as the journalists were able to work, everything that I had been trying to do was validated. Because, remember, I didn’t want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself.”
“All I wanted was for the public to be able to have a say in how they are governed,” he said. “That is a milestone we left a long time ago. Right now, all we are looking at are stretch goals.”"
Edward Snowden, after months of NSA revelations, says his mission’s accomplished - The Washington Post

No comments: