Saturday, February 23, 2013

I used Google Glass: the future, with monthly updates | The Verge

Concluding paragraphs of a detailed hands-on review; also skim the extensive comment thread for some insights, images, and analogies (e.g., I knew the Opti-Grab was going to show up sooner or later...)
"Is it ready for everyone right now? Not really. Does the Glass team still have huge distance to cover in making the experience work just the way it should every time you use it? Definitely.
But I walked away convinced that this wasn’t just one of Google’s weird flights of fancy. The more I used Glass the more it made sense to me; the more I wanted it. If the team had told me I could sign up to have my current glasses augmented with Glass technology, I would have put pen to paper (and money in their hands) right then and there. And it’s that kind of stuff that will make the difference between this being a niche device for geeks and a product that everyone wants to experience.
After a few hours with Glass, I’ve decided that the question is no longer ‘if,’ but ‘when?’"
I used Google Glass: the future, with monthly updates | The Verge

No comments: