"Among the key stats:Amazon Web Services cuts S3 prices, knocks old guard rivals | ZDNet
- AWS has hundreds of thousands of customers in 190 countries;
- 300 government agencies and 1,500 educational institutions;
- Jassy also touted AWS' ecosystem of integrators to software vendors to marketplace partners;
- There are 1.3 trillion total objects on S3;
- AWS runs more than 835,000 requests per second;
- Has 3.7 million clusters;
- In 2012, AWS will launch 158 new services and features, up from 81 in 2011.
- And AWS in 2012 now adds enough server capacity to power a $5 billion global enterprise daily."
Friday, November 30, 2012
Amazon Web Services cuts S3 prices, knocks old guard rivals | ZDNet
An AWS momentum snapshot; also see Amazon-Google cloud price war heats up (CNet)