Friday, December 03, 2010

louisgray.com: RSS Addicts Welcome Google Reader to Android

Check the link below (and/or this Google blog post) for more details.  The Google Reader Android client isn’t working for me (I’m seeing a “Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server” error message, when it fails to set up my account); I’m guessing that may have something to do with the fact that I have 1,056 Reader subscriptions at the moment…

Reader's debut yesterday was absolutely welcome. While many people are saying that Web versions of products should be all you need, consumers have taken strongly to the mobile app mentality best exemplified by the iTunes Store and Android Market. Even if you can get to a site via a mobile client, it's often perceived to be a less fulfilling experience. Reader's new app on Android is the full experience its users were waiting for, and it's a great option for mobile feed consumption - especially if you want to do two things: first, synchronize your read/unread data from mobile to the desktop, and second, share to your Google Reader link blog.

20101203 11:41 ET update: working fine now; I guess it’s time for me to reorganize my subscriptions, in order to make them more useful on my phone…

louisgray.com: RSS Addicts Welcome Google Reader to Android

No comments: