Monday, December 07, 2009

Ed Brill: 20 years ago today… Notes 1.0

Happy anniversary – hard to believe it has been 20 years since the release of Notes 1.0 (and 25 years, as Ed notes in his post, since Iris started working on Notes). For me, the song remains the same, overall; I’m still focused on the intersection of collaboration and information architecture – although with a different employer and product focus, these days…

On December 7, 1989, at the American Academy of Arts and Sciences in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA, Lotus Notes 1.0 was officially unveiled. I wasn't there, and the date wasn't significant to me other than as I was approaching final exams in my penultimate semester of college. Clearly, though, that event changed history -- and produced one of the most successful and longest-running software products in distributed computing.

Ed Brill

No comments: