Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ethernet papa makes Invent Now Hall of Fame - page 2 | Newsmakers | CNET News.com

Timely reality check interview with Bob Metcalfe (part one starts here

What would you say is your proudest achievement?
Metcalfe: That's a very sensitive topic. I think I haven't done it yet. I'm not dead. It's not over. I'm a mere 61 years old. I plan to live forever so the thing I hope to be remembered for hasn't occurred yet. I'm hoping that my mid-life crisis is still ahead. But if you push me, I'd say that Ethernet is good enough. If I were to rest on my laurels, that wouldn't be a bad laurel to rest on. Of course, there is my family, my children. They might want to get mentioned. Of course, they haven't quite succeeded yet. So it's hard for me to be that proud of them. No pressure or anything.

I'm pretty proud of 3Com. I did work on the Internet in ways other than Ethernet, so I take some pride in the entire Internet.

Source: Ethernet papa makes Invent Now Hall of Fame - page 2 | Newsmakers | CNET News.com

No comments: