Popfly guy John Montgomery's view:
No product is complete without a top-ten list of cool features, so here's mine for Popfly.
- It's easy to get. All you really need is Firefox 2 or IE 6 or 7. Oh, and Silverlight, but that's pretty easy to get.
- It's easy to use. People have talked about wanting programming to be like connecting Lego blocks; Popfly gets pretty close.
- You can create mashups with it. This is kind of its purpose, but it's neat nonetheless.
- You can create web pages with it. We "borrowed" the Office Live team's page editor technology.
- You can use it with Visual Studio. If you're a VS user, you can get Popfly Explorer and start to share projects with your friends on Popfly.
- You can use it with Windows Live Spaces. There are a few tricks to it that we'll document shortly, but you can both pull stuff from Spaces and embed Popfly creations into Spaces.
- You can create Windows Vista Sidebar Gadgets. Again, a few tricks to it, but neato.
- You can use it with your own blog. We'll just hand you the iframe and you can embed it.
- You can extend it with new blocks. Don't like our blocks? Add your own.
- It has some attitude. We had fun creating it. I hope it shows.