Tuesday, April 03, 2007

BBC NEWS | Technology | 'Why I was wrong about Steve Jobs'

 Timely reality check

If Jobs is the man to turn the music industry away from DRM then we will all owe him a massive debt of gratitude. And today, while there is still a lot of manipulation, politicking and arm-twisting to be done, we've taken a small step in the right direction.

[...]

I might now celebrate by buying a tune or two of unencumbered music from Apple's store when they are available next month, even though it will be more expensive than popping down to my local discount record store and picking up a CD to rip.

Source: BBC NEWS | Technology | 'Why I was wrong about Steve Jobs'

2 comments:

AmyGeek said...

???

EMI announces that they're going to make their catalog available DRM free - through all online stores and Steve Jobs is the good guy?

I'm not saying he's a bad guy...I'm just saying that boy does that Apple shine.

pbokelly said...

Yeah, just like it did ~20 years ago, before everything fell apart. It'll be interesting to see if history repeats, since Jobs is repeating many of the same mistakes he made last time around.