Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Steve Gillmor’s GestureLab

Steve Gillmor shares some timely insights on challenges and opportunities in information channels and alerts/notifications:

This is the same wall I hit with the New York Times and Wall Street Journal in print and then online some 18 and 6 months ago respectively. The resolution: I rely mostly on Peter O'Kelly's triage in the tech space; the Arts content is mostly lost. Google alerts on Beatles and West Wing sustain me for now. Taking that history as instructive, I would predict more alerts to cherry pick the Blogosphere spillover. Given the relatively high volume of citation of Gillmor and Gillmor Gang these days, that alert has kept the lions at bay to some extent.

Thanks for the reference, Steve; I'm glad to know you find my blog useful, and I look forward to hearing more about your quest to optimize time & attention.

Source: Steve Gillmor’s GestureLab

No comments: