Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Marissa Mayer Is Still Here - The New York Times

Check the full interview for insights about Yahoo and Magna-Tiles...

"What are you up to now?
I rented the old Google office. So this is actually the office where I started my career in 1999. This is also where PayPal started, so there’s a lot of good juju here.

Coming back here, it reminds me of what Google felt like in those early moments. I remember running up those steps, because if you didn’t get here fast enough on Saturday morning, someone in the world was going to get worse search results, and it might change their life for the worse.

So you haven’t joined a company or founded a company yet?

We have this little lab that we’re working on called Lumi Labs. In Finnish, lumi means snow, and I just love snow. I had a snowflake-themed wedding. We have some ideas in the consumer space. So I’ve been meeting with different founders and just seeing what’s happening in the industry."
Marissa Mayer Is Still Here - The New York Times

No comments: