Thursday, October 29, 2015

The New Apple TV Invigorates the Set-Top Box - The New York Times

It'll be interesting to see the first wave of Apple TV apps next week
"You can trust me because after testing hundreds of new devices for nearly a decade in this line of work, I’m usually blasé about products. My editor was concerned that body snatchers had taken me when I said I was positive about Apple TV. But I reserve excitement for products that I think will make a difference, this being one of them. 
For Apple, this type of reaction to Apple TV is important. The box, which made its debut in 2007, was long labeled a “hobby” by the company, and it accounts for a single-digit percentage of its revenue. With the new device, Apple is aiming to push hard into consumers’ living rooms, where it faces competition from players including the Microsoft Xbox and Amazon’s Fire TV device."
The New Apple TV Invigorates the Set-Top Box - The New York Times

No comments: