Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Apple W.W.D.C. 2015: iOS 9, Apple Pay and Other Announcements - NYTimes.com

Farhad Manjoo's WWDC keynote closing thoughts

"We didn’t see anything surprising at W.W.D.C., and not much innovative, either. Pretty much every feature Apple showed off for its computers and phones can be found on competing devices. And I’m still dumbfounded by the music service — it looks like a mess of services and interfaces crammed into a single screen, though perhaps just the demo, and not the product, was to blame.

Still, even if little of it was new, there were some pretty useful features on display here. I’m most interested in the predictive assistant on iOS 9. I’d love for my iPhone to anticipate my needs and suggest information to me when it would be most useful. If Apple can pull off such a system, it would make up for the iPhone’s only real shortcoming against Google’s Android. We’ll have to wait till the fall, when the new OS is released, to see how well it does."
Apple W.W.D.C. 2015: iOS 9, Apple Pay and Other Announcements - NYTimes.com

No comments: