Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Facebook Gets a Hold on Phones with Facebook Home - Walt Mossberg - Personal Technology - AllThingsD

Excerpt from a Walt Mossberg Facebook Home review
"I found Facebook Home to be easy to use, elegantly designed and addictive. Although I’m a regular Facebook user, I found that, with Home, I paid more attention than ever to my news feed, Liked items more often and used Facebook’s Messenger service more often. So, if you are a big Facebook fan, Facebook Home can be a big win.
But I found some downsides. Facebook Home blocks the one-step camera icon some Android phone makers place on their lock screen to allow you to take pictures without first unlocking the phone. It also overlays other lock-screen features some Android phone makers include, such as weather information or favorite app icons. And if you do go to the icon-filled home screen, you’ll find that Facebook Home has taken that over as well, topping the screen with a bar that makes posting to Facebook easier and eliminating the bottom bar of heavily used apps."
Facebook Gets a Hold on Phones with Facebook Home - Walt Mossberg - Personal Technology - AllThingsD

No comments: