Thursday, July 16, 2015

Neil Young Is Pulling His Music From Streaming Services - Speakeasy - WSJ

See Neil Young's Facebook announcement post for details and a lively discussion

"“It’s about sound quality,” the post said. “I don’t need my music to be devalued by the worst quality in the history of broadcasting or any other form of distribution. I don’t feel right allowing this to be sold to my fans. It’s bad for my music.”

A follow-up post was more blunt: “AM radio kicked streaming’s ass. Analog Cassettes and 8 tracks also kicked streaming’s ass, and absolutely rocked compared to streaming. Streaming sucks,” he wrote. “Copy my songs if you want to. That’s free. Your choice. All my music, my life’s work, is what I am preserving the way I want it to be.”"
Neil Young Is Pulling His Music From Streaming Services - Speakeasy - WSJ

No comments: