Tuesday, September 10, 2013

John Sculley Just Gave His Most Detailed Account Ever Of How Steve Jobs Got Fired From Apple - Forbes

An excerpt from John Sculley's extended-play explanation of how Steve Jobs and Apple parted ways; check the full article for a video
"“My sense is that there could have been a different outcome.”
“He was not a great executive back in those early days. The great Steve Jobs that we know today as maybe the world’s greatest CEO, certainly of our era, he learned a lot in those years in the wilderness.”
Sculley’s biggest regret? “I feel most badly, though, [because] after 10 years, I was at the company, I wanted to go back to New York where I was from. Why I didn’t go to Steve Jobs and say, ‘Steve, let’s figure out how you can come back and lead your company.’ I didn’t do that, it was a terrible mistake on my part. I can’t figure out why I didn’t have the wisdom to do that. But I didn’t. And as life has it, shortly after that, I was fired.”"
John Sculley Just Gave His Most Detailed Account Ever Of How Steve Jobs Got Fired From Apple - Forbes

No comments: