Thursday, June 30, 2011

After Spurning Android, HP May Offer Windows 8 Tablets | Fast Company

Plan B for HP, with a bit of déjà vu (e.g., with Palm turning to Windows Mobile for the Treo 700w)

I asked this question several times when speaking recently with McKinney and Richard Kerris, VP of worldwide developer relations for WebOS. Microsoft is pinning its hopes on Windows 8, making a big splash at AllThingsD this year by showing off its new sexy, stylish looks. Designed with mobile in mind, Windows 8 is meant to provide a consistent UI across smartphones, tablets, and computers. Given that HP is likely to ship hundreds of millions of laptops and desktop computers featuring Windows 8 in the coming future, what are the chances the OS will show up on future HP tablets, in addition to products running WebOS?

"I'm limited to what I can talk about with Windows 8," McKinney says. "We're working very closely with [Microsoft], and I'm going to leave it at that or I'm going to start getting myself into trouble."

After Spurning Android, HP May Offer Windows 8 Tablets | Fast Company

No comments: