Friday, April 15, 2005

Microsoft's Raikes 'blogs' own dog food consumption, but sans RSS | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com

Microsoft's Raikes 'blogs' own dog food consumption, but sans RSS | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com: "I was stunned to receive the notification from a Microsoft spokesperson regarding 'a new Office Online column from Jeff Raikes on real-time collaboration,' only to learn that there was no way for me to subscribe to Raikes' musings via RSS. Instead, I guess I'll have to remember to check Microsoft's site on a regular basis for anything new, or wait for the next e-mail. How inefficient!"

The column/post is a good recap of recent Microsoft real-time collaboration activity, and I don't think it's an inappropriate channel; it'd be great if Raikes did have a blog, or if perhaps his bio/speech page supported XML syndication, but I don't think the article is hypocritical.

No comments: