Thursday, October 06, 2016

Twitter’s Fate: Marc Benioff of Salesforce Addresses Acquisition Talk - The New York Times

Perhaps just bidding up the price for Microsoft?... Also see Twitter Shares Drop on Report Saying Google Won’t Make a Bid (Bloomberg)
"Mr. Benioff, who is himself a power user of Twitter, said on Wednesday that while it was essential that Salesforce be in A.I., there was more to Twitter than that.

“It’s a huge customer-service platform,” used by companies like Dell, Apple and Bank of America, he said in the interview on the way to the St. Regis. “It’s not a reason to buy it, but it’s a reason to look at it. I’m not saying I’m buying it, but I’m not saying I’m not buying it.”

Later, at the investor meeting where analysts shied from mentioning the name Twitter, Mr. Benioff tried to explain where he was coming from. “I see things in a different kind of way,” he told them. “I hope someday to sit down and say how I think about that which shall not be named.”"
Twitter’s Fate: Marc Benioff of Salesforce Addresses Acquisition Talk - The New York Times

No comments: