Friday, October 18, 2013

Google Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Call Coverage - Liz Gannes - News - AllThingsD

A curious way to essentially say "This is not worthy of my time;" another Page paradox, from the NYT earnings summary: "Mr. Page also addressed long-term research projects, like Calico, the new health start-up financed by Google to investigate aging and its causes. “It’s hard to spend meaningful amounts of money, relative to Google’s scale, on things that are speculative,” Mr. Page said. “You should probably be asking me to make more significant investments.”"
"Biggish news, at least as far as analysts and press are concerned: Page plans to drop out of participating in earnings calls.
“Going forward, I won’t be joining every earnings call,” Page says. “I know you’d love to have me on but you’re depending on me to ruthlessly prioritize.”
Page’s parting words: “About two years ago, when I became CEO again, my goal was to make sure Google maintains the passion and soul of a startup as we grow. … Great is just never good enough.”"
Google Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Call Coverage - Liz Gannes - News - AllThingsD

No comments: