Monday, July 15, 2013

Why Apple Really Wanted iBooks – An Alternate Theory (And Why Everone is Wrong) [The Digital Reader]

A plausible permutation to ponder
"Let me lay out an alternate theory for why Apple launched iBooks.
IMO iBooks was never about the content for its own sake; it was always about the hardware that the content was sold on. I have been saying that for some time now (most recently in late May 2013) but until today I had not backed up my statements with actual data (see above link).
I believe that the initial launch of the iBookstore was merely a stepping stone towards the launch of iBooks 2.0, Apple’s digital textbook platform which launched in January 2012. And that launch was not about content either; I believe it was part of Apple’s plan to get more iPads into classrooms."
Why Apple Really Wanted iBooks – An Alternate Theory (And Why Everone is Wrong)

No comments: