Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The New Republic Tears Down Its Pay Wall - Business - The Atlantic Wire

I’m glad to see this, as a blogger and TNR subscriber for ~30 years; now I’ll be able to share more TNR articles.  I will also continue to pay for my TNR subscription, in order to show my support for the publication.

“Readers and pundits have been wondering how a new owner might change the venerable Washington political magazine, The New Republic, and they just got a early answer. A post on the magazine's blog announced early this morning that the website will drop its pay wall for recent articles. (The post doesn't say how "recent" a story has to be to remain free.) Archives and comment features will still be limited to paid subscribers, but key articles from current issues will no longer be hidden from the general public.”

The New Republic Tears Down Its Pay Wall - Business - The Atlantic Wire

No comments: