Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Gray Matter : Got FUD? Here’s a guide for the perplexed

A timely reality check; see the full post 

I saw Bob Sutor's post last week titled "There is humor in the OOXML morass." This is where he calls out comments from Nick Tsilas as worthy of "a good laugh." I interpreted Bob's post as an attempt by IBM to deny that they are leading the charge against Open XML.

I like a good laugh too, so I had a look. I looked through the history of Rob Weir's blog, just to see what the chair of the OASIS Technical Committee is doing to drive the agenda for ODF, and to see if there was any sense of balance between the IBM Open XML agenda and the IBM ODF agenda. The only thing "funny" to me here is the revelation of the data behind the (Nick's) claim. So this blog is again an attempt to sort out what IBM is really saying / doing.

Gray Matter : Got FUD? Here’s a guide for the perplexed

No comments: