Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Google Search: vonage pronounced

Google Search: vonage pronounced Apparently I was one of the last people on the planet using the French pronunciation; a quick Google search suggests it's actually "VOH-nij"/"von-udge"/"VAHN-udge"/"Vone-ej". Whatever... Meanwhile, the Vonage service continues to work okay but not great for me; I'll probably drop it when I can get a consistently high-quality wireless service provider that offers reasonably-priced, unlimited data and voice service (so... maybe I'll be using Vonage indefinitely...).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter, I found that if I dropped the quality from the highest setting to the middle setting there was no discernable difference in the quality of the call, but the stability of the calls became much better (i.e. no echoes, etc.).

Additionally, there is a problem with the power supply on the Motorola routers that causes the router to lose the ability to send and receive caller ID. If you experience this problem, simply call tech support. They'll send you a small questionnaire, make a modification to your scripts to temporarily fix the problem, and put you on a list for a new power supply.

Try dropping the quality a bit and see if your service improves...

**Rock (www.LotusGeek.com)