Friday, December 04, 2015

Musk Says Selling Cars Is Good, But Saving the Earth Is Better - Bloomberg Business

Also see Elon Musk: Only a Carbon Tax Will Accelerate the World's Exit from Fossil Fuels (Fortune)

"Selling all-electric sports cars is good, but what billionaire Elon Musk says he really wants is to save the planet.
In a Paris presentation about climate change, the 44-year-old Tesla Motors Inc. co-founder argued that regulators need to discourage carbon emissions -- and not just because it would help him sell more of his cars with price tags of $75,000 or higher.
“Am I asking for rules that favor my company? Is this because I want to get richer?,” Musk asked a crowd of a few hundred students at La Sorbonne University in Paris on Wednesday. “If what I really cared about was maximizing my net worth I would never have created an electric car company. It has to be one of the dumbest ways to invest money.”"
Musk Says Selling Cars Is Good, But Saving the Earth Is Better - Bloomberg Business

No comments: