Thursday, January 30, 2014

Facebook Turns 10: The Mark Zuckerberg Interview - Businessweek

Excerpt from an extensive and well-timed Bloomberg Businessweek cover story

"Former Facebook employees say identity and anonymity have always been topics of heated debate in the company. Now Zuckerberg seems eager to relax his old orthodoxies. “I don’t know if the balance has swung too far, but I definitely think we’re at the point where we don’t need to keep on only doing real identity things,” he says. “If you’re always under the pressure of real identity, I think that is somewhat of a burden.” Paper will still require a Facebook login, but Zuckerberg says the new apps might be like Instagram, which doesn’t require users to log in with Facebook credentials or share pictures with friends on the social network. “It’s definitely, I think, a little bit more balanced now 10 years later,” he says. “I think that’s good.”"
Facebook Turns 10: The Mark Zuckerberg Interview - Businessweek

No comments: