Sunday, March 12, 2006

Inside eWEEK News : Anti-Spyware Fitted into Windows OneCare

Inside eWEEK News : Anti-Spyware Fitted into Windows OneCare: "Microsoft has removed the 'beta' tag from its Windows OneCare PC security application, added anti-spyware protection and even given the product a minor name change. But that doesn't mean the $49.95 a year subscription bundle has gone gold. "

Also appears the beta download is history -- I tried to load it on a second PC (I've been very pleased the OneCare beta on my primary PC) last night, after my Norton Anti-Virus subscription expired on the second PC. Had to temporarily use the free Norton AV 2005 "SE" available with Google Pack instead, since I couldn't download OneCare; I'll replace Norton with OneCare once the latter goes gold -- at which time, as a beta user, I'll have a license to use OneCare on up to 3 PCs for a year for $19.95. Even for the full $49.95, OneCare is imho a no-brainer, for people with multiple PCs, relative to $39.99 for Norton AV 2006 (or $89.99 for a "3-user pack").

No comments: