Friday, May 02, 2003

QuickTopic

QuickTopic

QuickTopic (SM) free message boards
"I've recently gotten to know Steve Yost and his QuickTopic topic board/mail list program. Instead of being a message board - scaled to handle threaded discussions and full fledged bulletin board features, QuickTopic focuses just on one thread.
It's a wonderful system as every post to the topic board or mail list entry - gets mirrored. So if I go to the site - what I leave on the topic board gets sent to the mail list. And if I reply to a email message or post my own message, that gets put onto the Topic board. Totally seamlessly!
If only other commenting systems and message boards were this clean! A lot of people use QuickTopic as their comment system for their blog. That way the blogger can ne notified when someone leaves a comment behind.
No wonder Steve is one of the architects and implementors of ThreadsML!"

No comments: