Friday, May 28, 2004

TechEd 2004: A whiteboard with Anders (DEVC11)

TechEd 2004: A whiteboard with Anders (DEVC11) "What are your thoughts on AOP?
Anders is in a "wait and see" mode. He sees a little wary of the fact that "If I look at my code I don't know exactly what is happening", as someone may be weaving in. This sounds a little bit like the people that were wary of polymorphism at first, as they didn't know what was really called. I think it would be good to show some code with and without AOP, and how you get MORE clarity in your code with it (in my opinion). I do think it is wise for Anders to be wary though, but it is good to hear that he is paying attention. He did say that he thought that Attributes were doing part of the job. I worry about people confusing Attributes and AOP.
...
What are some interesting things that you are thinking about?
The biggest thing that Anders mentioned was the fact that he sees a huge impedence mismatch between the DB world, and the rest of the programming world. This is why there are now the nullable types, and the team is going to do a lot more in this area... allowing us to work together better."

No comments: